Home

Why do people cover their license plate in pictures

Should You Bother Obscuring Your License Plates In Photos

The general thinking behind pixellating or blurring or covering the license plates is based on the idea that with your license plate number, more information can be revealed about the car's owner,.. 588 Posts. #8 · Feb 10, 2012. I can tell you this: It is absolutley insane how much information a person can get just off your license plate. Just with your tag number, someone can find out just about everything they ever wanted to know about you. The internet is dangerrous place to share that kind of information People have tried to camouflage their license plates with hairspray, plastic wrap, specialized spray formulas and license plate covers, and none have held up to MythBusters (TV show) testing. But you can try them on your own Your license plate can be used to determine the actual name and physical address of the person who owns the vehicle. If you are posting something on Craigslist you may not want someone to have this information. People often meet at neutral grounds.. Why do people cover up their license plates in pictures? In my thinking, people will ride around in public all year, in full view of thousands of people, with their license plates in full view, but the second they post a picture on a forum they cover up their plates like it's displaying their name, DOB, SSN, and mother's maiden name

There are two basic reasons why you shouldn't cover up your license plate with your thumb. The first and most obvious reason, Filbert, is that it looks truly stupid. Nothing says to me that a person is unprepared and incompetent quite like covering up their license plate with a thumb. Basically, what it means is that they got the car to the. Instead, what happens is, it shows this blurry cloud over the license plate, and so it looks the license plate is behind that expensive frosted glass that rich people have on their showers. It's. Why do people blur license plates in photos online? What are they afraid will happen if people on the internet see their license plate that won't happen with hundreds of people seeing their license plate every day on the street? Close. 159. If there's risk to people seeing it then you should cover it up in real life too. 8 It isn't uncommon to see pictures of cars with the license plate completely covered, or scratched out in the image. Many people don't realize exactly why they do this besides rumors, and yet it has become a relatively common practice

Reasons why you may want to blur your license plates: Why would anyone feel the need to hide their license plates on the internet? Here are a few things people are concerned about: Vehicles being stolen. Vehicles go missing every day. Customized and high-end vehicles are prime targets to thieves By pixelating, blurring or covering the number plate of your car before posting a picture online, you're eliminating any sort of chance of a person being able to snoop. Whilst it may seem unlikely that someone will take advantage of your number plate to attain information, it is possible, so it's best to cover your back, just in case Some people hide car license plate in pictures so no-one can run the plate and find your address but its not easy nor very legal to run someones plate for no reason. I am sort of in the market for a new daily driver & I can't help but notice how many people cover up their license plates. I mean, you don't drive around with them covered up

Why do people cover up the license plate in photos? Road

In the UK people often obscure licence plates in photographs they post online to protect themselves or the vehicle's registered keeper (often the owner) from number plate cloning. Number plate cloning is where someone acquires licence plates by having them produced without providing proper documentation (1) The license plate does, which is why you should cover it. Most people have either a phone number or email address in their ad. Either of those are enough to get an address and a whole world of other information. Go to Spokeo, put in your phone number, pay the $0.99 and be amazed at the information available to anyone You drive down the highway and everyone can see your license plate. You park anywhere, everyone can see your vin if they want. Anyone who covers their license plate and especially the vin with a piece of paper, should just leave their precious vehicles in the garage under lock and key and hire a security company to guard it. Come on, get real You bet I cover my plate! My screen name is generic, my location vague and my birthday in the profile false. Why? I'm a cop. Lots of folks don't like cops. I've had literally 100's of people tell me they'll find and kill me & my family when I drop them off at jail. If I wanted people to love me, I should have tested for the Fire Department A popular breed of license plate shield is allowing motorists to evade tickets and tolls even though the plastic cover appears transparent. The PhotoMaskCover and similar products polarize light.

FAQ: Why Cover License Plate In Pictures

why do people cover up their license plate # in photos. Jump to Latest Follow in the same city lol so its not like it would be hard and i thought this forum was askin why people cover them up in PICTURES online lol and i cover mine up because im a female and i have enough stalkers as it is i dont need anymore and i dont want my bike stole After a bit of research it seemed that the consensus was the safe thing to do is to blur the license plate. Some people argued otherwise, but mostly I read most people agreeing that it's not worth it not to blur the plate. A few of the points that confirmed this in my mind included: 1. Google street view blurs license plates

Take a look at Google Maps Street View in Europe, and you should see the faces and license plates blurred out. In fact, blurring license plates and faces is part of Google's Street View policy. They do their best to blur. But in Europe, privacy has come up as a big priority on the web Some people even claim that they have wrapped their license plates in plastic wrap and managed to escape liability. It is probably not legal for you to coat or cover your plate with something. When sprayed on a license plate, PhotoBlocker reflects the flash of a traffic-light camera, blurring the plate in a photo so it's unreadable. Without a clear picture, a fine can't be mailed to.

Why do people cover up the license plates on the pictures

1. It can also prevent people from filing false hit and run reports, which they could do if they can match your license plate number with a description of your vehicle. I don't know, it just seems wise to give nuts on the internet only the information they need, and no more
  2. Why do people cover up their license plate in photos. You are using stolen licence plates and don t want to get caught by the authorities. The general thinking behind pixellating or blurring or covering the license plates is based on the idea that with your license plate number more information can be revealed about the car s owner
  3. There are devices that emit an IR lights to blind the IR cameras. Using IR light is superior to traditional reflective sprays and physical license plate photo -blocker covers for the following reasons: Sprays only work against flash based cameras and their effectiveness is questionable, they provide no protection against IR-only cameras or ALPR
  4. ed that the only way to fight speed cameras was with speed itself — and lots of it
  5. Why do people cover their license plate in pictures? The general thinking behind pixellating or blurring or covering the license plates is based on the idea that with your license plate number, more information can be revealed about the car's owner, without his or her consent
  6. al Audi enthusiast may see one on Craigslist that has a lot of money into it and if the license plate is shown, it's an easy target. That being said, I'm not sure why people with cheap/undesirable cars do it
  7. I was just wondering why some people here, and elsewhere cover their plates? Then I've also seen pictures from some who forget to cover the plates at times. I've never understood the reason for blocking out plates, maybe there is a good one? I would be more worried about someone seeing my plates in the real world if they feel I've wronged them.

Why do people cover their license plates? Off Topic

1. I work in tech and am fairly aware of how much data various big tech companies use to build profiles on individuals, the whole thought that you drive around with it visible all day and posting it online are very different (though as smart doorbells and such grow in popularity, that difference..
  2. Originally Posted by T77911S. i get a kick out of seeing that too. they should block their name, more info to be found just searching their name. 99.9% of posters do block their name, by using a handle. Very few people use or disclose their real name on internet forums. 12-05-2011, 10:58 AM
  3. Why the fuss over blurring license plate numbers in photos of cars posted online? December 17, 2004 2:57 PM Subscribe Whenever I see people post photos of their car online, they almost always blur the license plate, which seems an obvious protection, but then I thought: Who on earth besides DMV employees can ever figure anything out from a.
  4. So now many guys will cover their license plates with tape while on track, so that any pictures from the event that end up on the Web can't be used against them by their insurance company. racer72 September 22, 2008, 2:44am #3. Because their are people out there that can use the license plate number to find out the name and address of the owner
Old Biltwell Blog: Chumps Bars

Grab a laser pointer and hit a license plate with it, you'll be amazed at how well it shows up. Putting a plastic cover can prevent laser radar detectors from using the license plate as a. For all those pictures you see why browsing craigslist or other sites where people cover their license plate with their finger or hand for no reason. 4. Members. 0. Online. Created Oct 29, 2016. r/FingerPlates Rules. 1. Rules. Moderators. Moderator list hidden I suspect people cover over license plates out of fear that someone could go to the DMV and get someone's personal info -- like their name and address, telephone #, SSN#, and picture -- from their license plate number

Some sneaky motorists have installed clear plastic covers over their license plates to block the camera from producing a readable plate, records show. there were 84,935 rejected photos tied. toram23901 wrote: ↑ They have apparently been stopping people for the license covers, but I now see more and more drivers driving around with vanishing numbers on their plates. Province and police are idiots, that about sums it up. They give tickets to people with plate covers for the sole reason of making $$$

Using a plastic license plate cover allows for a plate to be read head on but when viewed from an angle, the characters disappear A lot of drivers are putting tinted, see-through covers on their license plates these days. I don't like the way Beaverton and Portland implement red-light cameras, and I hear these covers will. Why do people hide their License Plates in forums pics or Craiglists ads for their vehicles? Well, if they can track where you live, how harmful is but it has enough people worried that I tend to blur out my plate in photos as well. 09-16-2012, 01:46 PM bobman : Location: The cupboard under the sink. 3,983 posts, read 8,028,741 times. Thieves can use your license plate to to get your address. I used to have a rare car that was extremely desirable by thieves - theft was rampant (probably at least 50% of the cars produced were stolen). Without a doubt, pictures of the cars online with license plates visible contributed to the theft rate

Should I Stick My Thumb Over the License Plate When I'm

Grease, specialized license plate blockers and even sprays are sold online to try to help people cover their license plates and avoid tolls while going through these license plate scanners Most people don't care about their license plate, and they never look in that area, and they never even really notice that the license plate frame is on there, which brings us to another interesting point: If people don't even notice their own plate frames, it's unlikely they're noticing anyone else's, which probably makes this.

My license plate is displayed to thousands of people every day. People who don't even own cars have their houses broken into. For every person who sees your license plate number on the internet, tens of thousands will see it in traffic while you're driving to work tomorrow morning Florida statute 320.061 states no driver can interfere with the ability to record any detail on a license plate, which would indicate that even though the device doesn't physically cover the plate. But it has caused some people to scrape off or otherwise deface the coating, or cover the plate with a plastic pane to avoid detection. Thus, the new law. The law appears to be tricky to enforce

Lastly, do not use license plate frames. A thief can use a prybar under the plate frame and yank it off without damaging the plate. Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this Why do people blur out their license plates in your run-of-the-mill online photo? I was thinking about this and I can't think of a good reason. We have no problem riding our bikes on public roads every day where all kinds of (potentially unscrupulous) strangers see our plate numbers Removing the front license platesfrom vehicles cuts down on the number of times a vehicles plate number is captured, reducing the amount of data captured on the vehicle. It also enables the driver to back into parking spaces, further decreasing the number of times data is captured. 3. Change Your Parking Habits Why do people cover their license plate? The general thinking behind pixellating or blurring or covering the license plates is based on the idea that with your license plate number, more information can be revealed about the car's owner, without his or her consent All that technology and automation will be defeated by people who intentionally alter or cover their New York State license plates, said Suffolk County Police Department Chief Stuart Cameron

Heartbroken People Share Their Romantic Horror Stories

Why Do We Always Blur License Plates On The Internet

CBS4 first reported on tags being cut off of plates in the Denver metro area in 2017. Back then, the Colorado Department of Revenue recommended drivers buy a plate cover. READ MORE: Colorado's. Why do some people tape off or otherwise cover their license plate digits when posting a picture that is showing the tail end of the bike? I have seen this done more times than I can count, but for the life of me can't come up with the reason people are leery of others seeing their license plate online

I've been looking on Craigslist, Letgo and a few other places online at used cars and so many people go to odd lengths to obscure their license plates in the photos. Some use a towel, some hold a finger in front of the lens of the camera and I saw one earlier today where a woman held up her foot to block it out People who put their plate tags on the wrong place on their license plate! Can't they get a ticket for that??. The short - short answer Andrea is Yes. The short answer I received from the. Yes, why wouldn't they be able to? I suspect that if your vehicle was stolen you'd want the cops to run plates to see if the vehicles people are driving are stolen. You don't have the right o privacy outside your vehicle on a public road. Sorry. That's what a license plate is for

Why do people blur license plates in photos online? What

About the Missouri License Plate. On August 10, 2021, Missouri will celebrate 200 years of statehood, or its bicentennial. To commemorate this historic occasion, the Missouri Legislature passed a law in 2016 requiring the Department of Revenue to begin a reissuance of license plates with a new bicentennial design, no later than January 1, 2019 2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks! Never understood why people black out their license plate. It's not a top secret item like your SS#. If they only cover half the car and coat the other half I can see it being cheaper. I was quoted $4K to do my 24' boat with a ceramic type coating So why do people go to such lengths to erase / cover their plates when photographing their bikes? I'll dig out a couple of my bikes and post them up (OUT AND PROUD!) folks are more willing to show pictures of their young daughters to millions of Strangers than showing a picture of their license plate, that thousands would see on the.

NOTES FROM A SOLO MOTORCYCLE RIDE TO SAN DIEGO AND BACK

California says no, you can't cover your license plate. Under pressure from police lobbyists, California state senators have killed a bill that would have made it harder for data-aggregators-on. Alaska's license plate includes an image of the state flag. veganstraightedge/Flickr. Alaska's current license plate features the state's nickname, The Last Frontier, paired with an image of the state flag . The stars on the flag are the Big Dipper and Polaris (the North Star) Random question: Why do people cover up or photoshop their license plates when they put bike photos on the innerwebs? Don't a few thousand people a day see your plate on the street? Does it really matter, or did one dude do it once, and now everyone does it without knowing why?.

Can Someone Really Steal Your Info From Your License Plate

Statetrooperplates.com showcases the history of license plate issuance for all the State Police and Highway Patrol agencies in the United States of America from the earliest days of motoring to the current century. Created by hobbyist Norm Ratcliffe has grown to the world's largest single repository of police motor vehicle registration plate information oh and another thing, why do people black out their license plate when they post pictures? are they afraid someone will find their address or figure out who they are? if so, do these same people drive around town with their tags covered, or are only internet photos susceptible to stealing data from a plate

The same reason people dont (tend) to use their real name in an internet forum (although there are plenty of user names here that look like real names). When you buy a home, that is public information, so if someone looks up your address in a local registrar, they can find who owns it, but you typically dont go around posting your home address SUMMARY: Minnesota License Plates. Minnesota license plates are required on most vehicles operated on public roads and owned by MN residents. To apply for tags, you just need to register your vehicle when you move to MN or buy a car.To renew license plates, you'll renew your registration.You must replace your license plates or stickers if they are lost, stolen, or damaged, which you can do in. Aug 30, 2015 - Explore Liz Denae's board funny license plates on Pinterest. See more ideas about funny license plates, vanity license plates, vanity plate License plates: $3.75. License Plate Lookup in Idaho. The Idaho DMV offers a license plate lookup as part of its online vanity license plate ordering process. You'll just enter a few details, including the plate design you want, and check your preferred letter and number combinations Why do people cover their license plate when taking pics?? Zerafian: The Lounge (Off Topic) 22: 07-28-2011 01:42 PM: no holes license plate pics! HATED1: Exterior & Interior: 13: 09-28-2010 03:56 AM: Map, Hatch, License Plate LED Lights from YourLEDShop.com. LOTS of Pics! vipor: Exterior & Interior: 14: 03-06-2010 05:58 P

Why Do People Blur Their License Plates Online

Should You Hide Your Number Plate When Posting Photos Online

Most people who engage in criminal behavior don't have the same thought processes that honest people do and don't consider the long-term consequences of their actions. Many people who commit crimes aren't thinking rationally at the time they commit them. They may be drunk, high on drugs, or suffering from some form of mental illness But the Kasers' license plate was not on file. HCTRA spokesperson Lawanda Howse explained, He had a TxTag and he did not have his license plate registered in the system. So we had no reference point I just read a very interesting article in Popular Science about repo trucks and their new auto-scanning license plate cameras.. The cameras are mounted on all four corners of their trucks, as as they drive around they automatically scan any license plate number that comes into vision and compares it with an online database of 1.8 billion other scans

Well, the piece is $70 from CJ Pony Parts. So I think I'll order one, take it to a legit paint shop, have it sprayed body color, take the factory one off and save it, and put the new one on. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Ford DR3Z-17B390-AA Mustang OEM License Plate Surround 2013-14 Personalized Plates. Use our online application to personalize standard passenger and certain specialty license plates for vehicle and motorcycles for a cost of $35. This fee is in addition to the regular state registration fee and any applicable county fees and/or specialty plate fees For the record, the owners of that car kept getting their license plate stolen after this album was released. McCartney put out a solo album in 1993 in which he set out to set the record straight. He's wearing shoes, and he's got his right foot forward like it should have been in the original Take as many clear photos (with time and date stamps) as you can to document the damage, the location, and the vehicle that damaged yours, including the license plates. Ask any witnesses to sign statements and give you their contact information. Then call your insurance company as soon as possible

Title-page photograph: Samuel H

Don't get aggressive or harassing about it, but do get the name, address, phone number, and license plate number of any witnesses. Keep in mind that your behavior will help determine whether their. The District is cracking down on drivers who obscure their license plates from the city's traffic cameras. Police officers have begun enforcing a new law that has raised fines from $50 to $500. yatman60. for anyone not interested in drilling holes in their front fenders to mount their license plates (for those in States that require this), a friend with a BWM told me about this company rhoplate.com. They have a solution that screws into the tow hook slot in the front fender and then you can mount your plate to that License Plate Guide > License Plates; License Plates Guide. Passenger. B-truck (8,000lbs or less) Persons with Disabilities. Motorcycle. Alzheimer's Awareness. Amateur Radio. America Remembers. Antique Vehicle

Why do people cover their lic

privacy - Why do people hide their license plates in the

You should also record their license plate number, as well as the make and model of their car. If the other driver isn't at the scene, let's hope they did the right thing and left a note. If they didn't, well, that would make it a hit-and-run , which is a scenario we'll go over later The one-piece cover provides complete protection for your license plate, sealing out dirt and moisture. Kit installs in seconds with included hardware. Fastest Shipping and Guaranteed Lowest Prices for WeatherTech ClearCover License-Plate Frame with Cover - Red. Read our customer reviews of WeatherTech license plates and frames The one-piece cover provides complete protection for your license plate, sealing out dirt and moisture. Kit installs in seconds with included hardware. Fastest Shipping and Guaranteed Lowest Prices for WeatherTech ClearCover License-Plate Frame with Cover - Chrome. Read our customer reviews of WeatherTech license plates and frames

Churchgoers refused to be denied their Easter service on Sunday as they defied the Kentucky governor's executive order prohibiting mass gatherings. The worshippers also wouldn't be stopped by a parking lot full of nails and police who were ready to record their license plate numbers.On Sunday morning, there were dozens of cars in the parking lot o and how the people responded. PRAYER Enlist the help of another volunteer to pray for the group. ACTIVITY | LUV EVRY 1 Have kids write their personalized license plate name in pencil, then trace over it using a glue gun (make sure you have a leader supervise or do this for them). Then cover th e license plate entirely wit You should take pictures of the damage to your vehicle from different angles.. It may be that the person who hit your car is still waiting for you. If so, along with getting the driver's contact and insurance information, you should take photos of their vehicle and any possible damage, along with pictures of their license plate Back in the 1970s, U.S. drivers faced two separate oil crises that led to long lines at gas stations. Many Americans feared it would be a recurring nightmare, but gas lines have been rare over the. People are obviously using the charge stations as parking stalls while they shop at the Outlet's shopping mall There was one red car with Oregon license plates that was there at 10 am when I arrived and it was still plugged in at 6 pm when I left. Come on people !

Video: Should you hide your license plate for photos

Pictures should show damage and the car's license plate in the same shot if possible, as well as damage to the other car, the road, intersection and street signs. 6. Call home. Chances are your kids will do this first thing, but it should still be on the list What good would it do for just one person to complain. The whole community needs to come together, get their license plates, take pictures of them just like they take pictures of our houses, and report everything they do in our neighborhood just like they report everything they see US do in OUR neighborhood In other instances, motorists cover their license plate with tape, or smear the numbers with mud, in an effort to prevent them from being detected by the cameras, Gutierrez-Scaccetti said.

38 Foot 5th Wheel Cars for sale

Why do people cover their license plates when showing car